Leaving from Ushuaia, our staff takes you through the Beagle Channel and to legendary Cape Horn. Cross the mythical waters of the Drake Passage and explore one of the most spectacular places on earth - Antarctica.
Day 1: START OF THE AIR-CRUISE - Your journey begins in Ushuaia, Argentina. Board your ship and sail along the Beagle Channel towards Puerto Williams, Chile, the southernmost town in the world. Explore the surroundings before setting sail to Cape Horn.
Day 2: CAPE HORN AND DRAKE PASSAGE - After an overnight crossing of Nassau Bay, you awake in full view of legendary Cape Horn! Weather permitting, board a Zodiac and be one of the few privileged adventurers to step foot on this famous and rarely visited island. Back on board, set sail towards Antarctica and cross the famous passage named in honour of Sir Francis Drake, the great 16th century British explorer.
Day 3: DRAKE PASSAGE - As you sail through the Drake Passage en route to King George Island, in the South Shetland Islands, attend an engaging program of lectures and presentations. In the company of expert guides, watch for wildlife from the glass- enclosed lounge or from the outside decks. You may spot magnificent sea birds, such as albatrosses and petrels, as well as different species of whales on their way south to Antarctica.
Day 4: DRAKE PASSAGE AND ANTARCTICA - After crossing the Antarctic Convergence, the environment changes noticeably. Keep your camera ready, as this is the time to watch for the first icebergs and the first sight of Antarctic land. Reaching the South Shetland Islands, sail in ice-filled bays, while enjoying the company of sea birds, penguins, seals and whales. Board a Zodiac for your first memorable shore visit to a penguin colony. Taking advantage of the endless Antarctic daylight, exploration will continue well into the evening.
Day 5: ANTARCTICA AND SCHEDULED RETURN FLIGHT - Upon reaching King George Island, disembark at Fildes Bay and explore the area, such as the Chilean Base Frei and the Russian Base Bellingshausen. Bid farewell to Antarctica before boarding the flight back to Punta Arenas, Chile. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for the night. (Note: Meals in Punta Arenas are at your leisure and not included in the program).
Day 6: END OF THE AIR-CRUISE - After breakfast, transfer to the Punta Arenas airport for your onward flight.
Veteran Antarctic aircraft pilots, experienced sea captains, an international team of polar guides and academics, and a team of seasoned travel professionals come together to create the experience. With passion, creativity and dedicated teamwork, we handcraft every expedition to be unique and personal.
Upon arrival in Punta Arenas, our team will be waiting at the airport ready to accompany you to the hotel. O ering dedicated and personalized attention, they will provide detailed information about your upcoming trip.
While in Punta Arenas, our travelers stay at the Cabo de Hornos Hotel. Located in the heart of the city, this deluxe landmark property o ers a premium hospitality experience in the character and tradition of Patagonia.
Unique in its kind, “Bigfoot” was especially designed and built for our. With its special traction system, it can adapt to the changeable conditions of the Antarctic terrain.
Travel with at least twelve polar guides. Professional, experienced, and passionate. They are a well-sta ed team of extraordinary leaders and experts. Charming and engaging, they will make your trip memorable.
Our Company only operates small ships that o er great exibility in the changeable Antarctic environment. Small-group disembarkation is e cient so you can spend more time ashore and less time waiting.
Excellent international cuisine is accompanied by a great selection of premium wines carefully chosen by our Hospitality Team to complement and enhance each meal.
|Dates & Rates||Cabins|
|AE01 - OCN17||Start Nov 29, 2017
End Dec 04, 2017
|US$ 6,995||US$ 5,695||US$ 4,695|
|AE04 - OCN17||Start Jan 14, 2018
End Jan 19, 2018
|US$ 6,995||US$ 5,695||US$ 4,695|
|Get US$700 OFF per person by booking before Jun 15, 2017.|
• For Air-Cruises starting in Punta Arenas, transfers airport/ hotel on Day 1 (only available to travellers who arrive before 15:00 hrs.).
• For Air-Cruises starting in PuntaArenas, 1 overnight with breakfast in Punta Arenas at the Hotel Cabo de Hornos or similar, with a welcome dinner including drinks on Day 1.
• 1 overnight with breakfast in Punta Arenas at the Hotel Cabo de Hornos or similar on the Day of the Scheduled Return Flight from Antarctica.
• Transfers airport/hotel on the Day of the Scheduled Return Flight from Antarctica, and transfers hotel/airport on last Day of the Air-Cruise Program.
• Flight from Punta Arenas to Frei Station on King George Island and/or vice versa as indicated in the program corresponding to each voyage.
• Ship cruise along the Antarctic Peninsula as indicated in the program corresponding to each voyage.
• Daily buffet breakfast and lunch on board ship offering a wide choice of dishes.
• Daily served dinner on board ship offering a choice of three main courses.
• Wine, beer, juice, and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner on board ship
• Coffee, tea, chocolate, cappuccino, water and snacks on board ship throughout the expedition.
• All guided shore excursions.
• Lectures and entertainment on board.
• Comprehensive pre- and post-voyage information material.
• Loan of waterproof boots for landing in Antarctica. • Contingency Plan as described below.
• IAATO passenger fee
• Accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers other than those included in the Travel Program and the Contingency Plan corresponding to each voyage.
• Beverages purchased at the ship’s bar.
• Personal insurance.
• Extra expenses (communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.).
• Tips (suggested USD 12 per person per day).
• Visas for Chile and/or Argentina, passport expenses, and any arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable.
A Booking Fee of USD 2.500 per person is required to book a cabin, except for ANTARCTICA EXPRESS Air-Cruises, where the Booking Fee is USD 1.500 per person.
The balance is due in full 120 days prior to departure. Payments can be made by wire transfer or by major credit card. Payments by credit card are subject to a 2.5% fee.
Children are admitted from the age of 8 years if accompanied by a fully responsible adult. A 5% discount on the rate per person is offered for children up to 12 years of age.
Single travellers can choose between:
• Booking a dedicated single cabin. No supplement is applied for single use of dedicated single cabins.
• Booking a twin cabin for single use. An 85% supplement
should be added to the rate per person in twin cabin.
• Sharing with another passenger of the same gender. Available on Ocean Nova in a twin cabin, and on Sea Explorer in a Window or Superior Suite. No supplement is applied, and VAE will take care of finding the matching companion.
Note: Sharing a cabin also implies sharing any hotel accommodation.
After your Antarctic trip, we recommend the beautiful Torres Del Paime national park which is close by to Punta Arenas & Ushuaia. Please see http://www.victory-cruises.com/patagonia.html This will give you plenty of wildlife, culture and scenery!
Here are some testimonies from some of our passengers: http://www.victory-cruises.com/chile_testimonials.html#xxi